With an extensive background in the private and public sectors, Mark Weinberger currently serves as Chairman and CEO-elect of Ernst & Young (EY) in Washington, D.C. Educated at Emory University and Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Mark Weinberger began his long history with EY in 1987 as an employee of its national tax department. Three years later, Weinberger left EY for a role as Missouri Senator John Danforth’s chief tax and budget counsel, during which time he earned an LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center.
From there, Mark Weinberger received an appointment as chief of staff on President Bill Clinton’s Bipartisan Commission on Entitlement and Tax Reform, following which he co-founded law and legislative advisory firm Washington Counsel. Following the 2000 merger of Washington Counsel into EY, Weinberger spent a period as EY’s director of the US national tax practice before serving as assistant secretary of the treasury for tax policy under President George W. Bush. Since returning to EY in 2002, he has since worked as deputy vice chair of tax services for the Americas and global vice chair of tax. His term as Global Chairman and CEO begins in July 2013.
- New EY Chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger Adopts Values-Driven Approach
- Mark Weinberger – Experienced Washington Advisor and Entrepreneur
- Mark Weinberger – 25 Years in Tax Law and Consulting
- Mark Weinberger – Chairman and CEO at Ernst and Young
- Mark Weinberger – Business Executive and Former Government Director
- RT @EY_Growth: .@Mark_Weinberger on @BernardJTyson at #SGFUS: "Bernard has the values that we need today in CEOs around the world. He not o… 1 day ago
- A pleasure to speak with @BernardJTyson @KPSCALnews last week at #SGFUS about his aim of making sure that the healt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Great to speak on CNBC yesterday with @MelissaLeeCNBC & @SullyCNBC about the impact of proposed US tax reform.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Tonight, we celebrate over 200 @EY_EOYUS 2017 regional winners from 1000s of applicants. You have followed so many… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- I'll be speaking to @BernardJTyson at #SGFUS today about industry convergence, #innovation and providing #healthcare to all. 5 days ago